Monday, 6 October 2008

Paris Marathon 2009

Now it is official!

We all have places in the Paris Marathon on 5th April 2009 which is just 25 weeks away this Sunday.

This blog will record the progress of our valiant (?ed?) bunch over the next 5 months as we strive for fitness in the face of adversity, doubters, winter weather, and Christmas excess.

Tonight was the latest of a series of informal chats about how and what we are going to do as we each prepare in our different ways for our assault on Paris.

"Planning" meeting - Tea and Jolene's Anzac biscuits.........
(click on any picture to enlarge - back button to return)

But now it is for real -

We have a Team Name " Les bain cinq" aka Baincinq, we have the time and date, we have the location, and most importantly we have our entry acceptances.

It might not be pretty, but it should be fun (at least for those still in bed on a Sunday morning with the newspapers whilst we pound the pavements) - Watch this space as the story unfolds

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour
Je m'appelle Ben, J'habite a Gloucestershire.
I am also running the Paris marathon......only because Hazel made me....due to my somewhat highly competetive streak i could not refuse the challenge.
Hoping for a 2hr 25min time!!!
Only joking....better start some training.
Ben

Dreddi said...

Bonjour et bienvenue a BainCinq. A friend (or relative?) of Hazel's is a friend of ours (although we accept they are likely to bit unhinged). Are you a marathon virgin or have you done this kind of thing before?

Anonymous said...

to be or not to be ( "a bit unhinged") that is the question, dreddi??

Anonymous said...

Good luck to everyone!

I'll be there, cheering you all on...I'll let you carb load whilst I handle the cheese and wine loading on behalf of the support crew.

Glad to see Ben got talked into running by Hazel instead of me, I played that one perfectly I think. As Bethany's godfather he'd better not let the FAMILY down. No pressure then.

Laurence

PS 2.25? Derek, you going to take the bait...?

Anonymous said...

Come on Laurence we're talking about a full marathon here 2:25 i suppose is ok for a half!!!!
But still.... going for it Derek???????????

Dreddi said...

Phantom Shirker, I've extrapolated from my fastest time for Pine Cottage to The Northend Inn and believe, yes, I'd be in with a chance.

Lester Izaac said...

Guys,

A sort of problem happened and my entry to paris marathon was not done.

I´m looking forward finding a place or someone to buy it from.

If you know where would I buy this entry, please tell me ok? my mail is lesterbsb@gmail.com

Great Xmas and keep running