How I wish that I had started ages ago – I have had such fun over the past couple of years running 2 or 3 times a week with a lovely group of people in our village and others in Bath.
I have actually entered a few proper races, and although the times are not world beating I haven’t had to walk yet.
Race Date - distance - time - o/all pos - age group pos*
Knysna SA - Nov 2007 - 10k - 1h 04m - ? - 1st
Bath Half - Mar 2008 - 21k - 2h13m - 7835 - 10th
London 2008 - Apr 2008 - 42k - 5h09m - 27722 - 79th
Foxtrot 5 - Aug 2008 - 8k - 46m - 155 - 2nd
Chippenham Half - Sep 2008 - 21k - 2h10m - 893 - 4th
Just finished London* as an “old biddy” I get classified in the women’s veteran over 60 class which allows me to believe I am achieving fantastic results (mainly because there are so few entries in these bands) – What the heck! I’m enjoying it anyway.
En route to London I kept a record of my progress http://www.laurasmarathonrun.blogspot.com/ which hopefully shows how much enjoyment and satisfaction I got out of the challenge.
Next is New York on 2nd November 2008, and then on to the BIG ONE in Paris.
To aim for that and train as part of the Baincinq is an absolute joy – and boy will there be a party when we all finish.
1 comment:
Otherwise known as Laura Springbok. She's inspirational...and has a lot to answer for, getting us into this!
Post a Comment