On sunday I ran the Devizes 10k in 58m 31s which was 3 seconds slower than my pb, BUT there was a barsteward hill in the middle and it was blowing a gale. (and of course I am saving myself for Paris.....)
But I came third in class - winner was TEN WHOLE MINUTES faster( she is an ex pro I reckon) and second only two minutes ahead of me was my coach, two minutes behind me was the person who beat me in Broughton Gifford last year. Competitive Moi???
AND another medal for the trophy board!
This week will just be a couple of shortish runs before the half and then there are just two weekends before the race. (Tonight Jolene will be able to show me whether those early morning runs before work were fact or fiction...)
As one is supposed to have a rest after a full marathon, and by extension half a rest after a half then it seems that I can find a good reason for not beating myself up between Bath and Paris - hence the post title...
Thank Goodness It's Time To Taper Down.
Love Flossie Flatfoot
No comments:
Post a Comment