Open question: Should Hazel a) give up like her husband did for the Bath Half last year, b) stop training and have complete rest until race day, c) carry on and bravely tough out the pain d) spend loads of money on whacky treatments e) something else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
e)something else:-
If you're going to run with an injury - forget about the Bath Half and hang on for the BIG ONE - we'll be there to hold hands with you every step of the way - can't have you pulling out now - NO WAY!!!
PS The offer of a daily half hour trot still stands Hazel - plus an endless supply of jelly babies!
Agree, if things are that bad, forget Bath and keep going for Paris, you have all worked so hard for it. Mrs S x
PS, whats your walking pace minutes per mile? -:-))
A month of rest before 5 April and then see how it goes on the day is what I say. Let the injuries heal and you'll get around; you've done enough training, a few extra miles won't make much difference now but if you aggravate an injury it will be (very) painful (it's going to be painful whatever shape you're in). Golden rule; don't run on an injury dear girl. PS. If you're not training, you have to stay off the booze and eat ultra healthfully - bad luck.
Can't make today as leg still recovering from Sunday Would like to join you guys on Sunday but Laurence now in the States till Monday so have childcare issues and I've got a stinker of a cold. I'll see how I feel on Saturday and see if I can get someone to have the kids that early and I'll let you know
P Haze.
(cut&paste from email by Dreddi)
You need to rest and get yourself well in two weeks, running will only prolong your cold and recovery.
Dr Derek
Dear Dr. D
Thank you so much for your medical advice. I will take your advice into consideration and rest up.
I also feel secure in the knowledge that if I ever run(?) with you again, I will be running with a medical professional, which is why, I assume you were taken onto the marshalling team last Sunday (I do hope not all 180 collapsed runners were on your watch Dr D!).
Thanks Dr. D.
(cut&pasted from email by Dreddi)
Post a Comment