Sunday, 22 February 2009

Almost made it!

Well team, I set off with good intentions 17 miles or bust. Well I was doing really well, I thought I would do the Park and ride run, back to my place for a quick drink and maybe a date, then continue on for a few more miles till I got fed up.All was going well till I got back to my house. Incidentally timed at 1 hr 47 mins. Jane had gone next door for a cup of tea, so I staggered in there and there they were. Toasted tea cakes with jam and a cup of tea. " That's good timing, darling " said Jane.I replied that I had no time for that as I was on a mission and had some more miles to do! Her argument was persuasive, the tea cakes looked great, I weakened, and before I knew it I had sat down and was devouring a tasty tea cake. What else could I do. My legs seized up, I was stuck!There was no going back, and that was the end of my run. I really must try harder next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Georgeous, well done you anyway. Don't be too hard on yourself since who in their right mind can resist a toasted teacake! On the positive side, what a tremendous time and you're still running, unlike some of us! Hazel x

Anonymous said...

A lesson to us all...

Avoid the wine and oyster hand-outs in Paris - stick with H2O at the lucozade stations en route...

1hr 47min - GOOD TIME Georgeous - you'll easily do Paris in sub 4hrs!!

allez allez allez

Unknown said...

Hi all, Ben managed to do 18 miles yesterday in 2hrs 25, i think? His knee didnt give up, which is a good sign i suppose? Sounds like all your training is going well...look forward to meeting you in Paris. Mrs S x