Hazel, Laura, Sharon and I headed out on Saturday to do the double barsteward, which is running down London Road, over Cleveland Bridge and then up up up North Road (ie. barsteward 1) to the University Campus, backdown and then up the original barsteward hill to Bathampton and back to Northend. I think this was their first time going up North Road and I think they enjoyed it immensely (sort of!), Laura pumping her arms in fine style approaching the top followed close behind by Purple Hazel and Sharon. Barsteward 1 conquered, I expected to head back down and home but I was shocked and impressed that they were going to continue on to come back via Combe Down, a much longer route. Sadly (with tears in my eyes!), I had to get home sharpish and elected the most direct and flattest route home, via the canal and London Road.
My first 7 miles for me of the year completed after a lazy Christmas.
(Dreddi)
2 comments:
The canal is the best place to be doing your long runs. Get them in!
Best wishes,
Simon.
Wish I'd stuck with you Dreddi...
Post a Comment